Highlights: Registration to IIUG World 2019 is Open
Welcome to the International Informix Users Group (IIUG) Insider! Designed for IIUG members and Informix user group leaders, this publication contains timely and relevant information for the IBM Informix community.
Save the date for the IIUG World 2019 conference.
Registration is now open.
There are so many reasons to attend:
- Learning all about the new Informix 14.1 version
- Learning from other users
- Meeting the top Informix developers and support engineers.
- Networking with Informix users
- Having fun
By attending this premiere Informix event you are not just benefiting, you are helping Informix and the IIUG.
Informix is still the best database. Let’s help spread the message.
Go to the Conference Corner to find out about IIUG world 2019.
You will find links for registration.
IIUG Insider Editor
IIUG Board of Directors
Don’t miss this event. Read all about it in the IIUG Insider.
Follow updates in the IIUG World website https://iiugworld.com/.
The IIUG Conference Planning Committee is pleased to announce IIUG WORLD 2019 is set to take place Sunday September 22 through Thursday September 26, 2019 at the TORRANCE MARRIOTT REDONDO BEACH (https://www.iiug.org/iiugworld/hotel.php) in SUNNY CALIFORNIA. This is a suburb of Los Angeles. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Long Beach Airport (LGB) are the two closest airports; fares may vary between the two depending on airline and originating city.
Register by June 30 and you will save $275 compared to “regular” registration. In addition, all IIUG members (it’s free to join) save an additional $100. So for an IIUG member, early bird registration is only $975.
$1075.00 Early Bird – through June 30, 2019
$1350.00 Regular – through August 18, 2019
$1450.00 Late Registration – through September 22, 2019
Register now at https://www.iiug.org/conf/2019/iiug/register.php.
Speaker submission is closed. We would also like to thank those of you who have submitted your topics for IIUG World 2019. We will be reviewing them soon and will be in touch.
Pease visit the conference site at: https://iiugworld.com for more details.
See you in September,
IIUG World Planning Committee
IBM has created a new RFE – Request For Enhancements website.
Please visit this site to vote for your favorite enhancements or a place new request.
As you can see, it is a new RFE site. I find it much less friendly than the previous one. The RFEs are displayed in random order with no sorting capability. You can only filter by status. But, you can still submit a request. You can only track an existing request by browsing through all the requests page by page.
One of the worst user interfaces I have ever seen. Why take something good and make it worse?
I guess only IBM can answer this question.
We have a new Informix forum hosted on the IBM community site. Go there for Informix related information. Join the community and post on it.
It is cool and it makes Informix part of a large IBM user community.
So it is exiting news.
Mon, 03 Jun 2019, 10:30 AM (CEST) – Tue, 04 Jun 2019, 03:30 PM (CEST)
Registration deadline: Fri, 31 May 2019 (CEST)
IBM Watson IoT Center
A series of free one day technical events designed to give you insight into the latest features released in IBM Informix v.14.10. These technologies and features are helping customers solve some of the toughest business problems in the world today.
This year’s series of events are one day in length and are presentation only, no hands-on labs.
A partial list of topics includes:
- The new installation mechanism
- New security enhancements including integrated backup encryption and changes to on-disk encryption!
- High Availability enhancements
- New SQL features and functions and application development enhancements
- New replication functionality including asynchronous post commit triggers
- Heterogeneous instance migration with codeset conversions
- The Informix HQ graphical monitoring tool
Blogs and Wikis that have been updated during the last month
- Art Kagel http://informix-myview.blogspot.co.il/
- Andrés Repossi https://andreserepossi.wixsite.com/hablemosinformix (In Spanish)
More Blogs and Wikis
- Ben Thompson’s blog at: https://informixdba.wordpress.com/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/iiug
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/IIUG.Informix
Informix IoT Channel : https://ibm.biz/BdH2nm
- The IIUG forums at http://www.iiug.org/forums/technical.php
- Informix Marketing channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/informixmarketing?feature=results_main
- IBM DATABASE MAGAZINE at http://www.ibmdatabasemag.com
- Credentials, the IBM Certification Newsletter at http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/email/201307credentials.shtml
- There is now an Informix group on LinkedIn. The group is called “Informix Supporter”, so anyone loving Informix can join, from current IBM employees, former Informix employees, to users. It will also be a good occasion to get in touch with others or long-time-no-seen friends. If you fancy showing the Informix logo on your profile, join. To join, simply go to: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/25049/5E4B2048E558
Closing and Credits
The International Informix Users Group (IIUG) is an organization designed to enhance communications between its worldwide user community and IBM. The IIUG’s membership database now exceeds 25,000 entries and enjoys the support and commitment of IBM’s Information Management division. Key programs include local user groups and special interest groups, which we promote and assist from launch through growth.
Sources: IIUG Board of Directors
Editor: Gary Ben-Israel
For comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org