IIUG collects and stores personal data of its members in order to
- Perform general membership-related tasks, such as keeping our membership database up to date, recording membership status, providing information to members about their membership status and to run events
- News-related tasks, such as e-mailing the Insider and other news to members
- Archiving of IIUG historical data
What are the data we collect and store?
IIUG only stores data that you personally communicate to us. These include:
- Personal identity data: last name, first name, user code, membership number, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address
- Professional data: title and organization
How are these data collected?
IIUG only stores data that you personally communicate to us through the web-forms on the IIUG website, or communicated to the IIUG Board of directors by other means and is relevant to completing or correcting the dataset of an IIUG member. In the last case, the data are entered directly into the database by the delegated member of the board.
When and why are your personal data used?
- When the use of your data is necessary to provide you with a IIUG related service, such as sending you an Insider newsletter, validation of members who can vote in elections or other relevant information about Informix or IIUG.
- When the use of your data is necessary to provide a function of IIUG, such as elections for the Board of directors.
- When you give us permission to do so. Any other cases where we would wish to transmit your data to other parties, will be subject to your explicit prior consent.
How are your personal data handled and protected?
- Your data will never be transferred to other companies for commercial purposes.
- Our database is protected against unauthorized access, use, loss or publication by technical and organizational measures that are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Access to the database is restricted to those persons only that have a need to do so (the part of the Board the directors) and their access is password protected. In case technical (website-related) personnel will need to access the database, for maintenance or repair procedures, they will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- The membership database is hosted on a protected server (data center) and regular backups are made.
How long are your personal data kept ?
We keep your personal data for as long as you hold an IIUG membership. Should you want us to delete your membership account and personal data completely, please contact us at EMAIL@iiug.org and we will delete all personal data as well as your membership account. However, please be aware that in certain cases regulatory or legal obligations may prevent IIUG from completely deleting your personal data.
Your rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. You may do so via your personal IIUG Membership Page on the IIUG website or, alternatively, request it through email@example.com.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. You may do so yourself via your personal IIUG Membership Page on the IIUG website or, alternatively, request it through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Please contact email@example.com and we will delete all personal data attached to your membership. However, please be aware that in certain cases regulatory or legal obligations may prevent IIUG from completely deleting your personal data.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization. You may request this through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links From The Site to Other Websites
On this Site, we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, privacy policies, or any other aspects of websites that we do not own or control.
Data Protection Officer Details
Please contact the IIUG president for any questions or remarks at email@example.com.
(note: this goes on iiug.org web page)