The following document was published by IBM on March 12, 2020. It describes the relationship and responsibilities between IBM and HCL regarding the IBM Informix product family of products – its ongoing development, support, sales and so on.
IBM Informix and HCL
A Partnership for Growth and Innovation
Building on a history of collaboration between the two companies, in April 2017, HCL and IBM entered into a 15-year partnership that takes the best of their shared knowledge and teaming experience to accelerate the product roadmap and innovation of IBM Informix.
- HCL is responsible for the development and support of the IBM Informix product family with the guidance and direction of IBM and the IBM Informix customer base.
- IBM continues to be responsible for Sales, Tech Sales, Marketing, and Lab Services. There are no changes to client relationships and processes, such as sales relationships, quotes, invoicing and payments.
- IBM remains the first call for Support for IBM S&S customers. There are no changes to how clients report issues/problems (PMRs/APARs). All IBM Informix products will continue to be supported according to IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policies. http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/getsupport.html
- Product download mechanisms such as Passport Advantage, FixCentral and Trials & Downloads are, and will remain unchanged. IBM Informix product documentation remains and continues to be updated on the IBM website.
- IBM continues to own the Intellectual Property (IP) associated with the IBM Informix product family. IBM did not divest IBM Informix to HCL.
HCL is a business enterprise with presence in the fields of technology and healthcare. Founded in 1976 as one of India’s original IT garage startups, the HCL enterprise currently comprises three companies in India – HCL Technologies, HCL Infosystems and HCL Healthcare with annual revenues of over US$10 billion and over 149,000 professionals from diverse nationalities operating across 45 countries.
With a history of collaboration and innovation, we’re excited about the opportunity to jointly address our clients’ needs and accelerate innovation in IBM Informix.