Introducing the Early Program for Informix IDS 11.50.xC4
The IBM Information Management team announces the Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) 11.50.xC4 Early Program and invites your participation.
Overview of the program
IBM. Informix. Dynamic Server 11.50.xC4 continues the IDS legacy of high performance, reliability, scalability, low cost of administration with enhancements in the areas of:
- Storage optimization
- Application development
- Ease of administration
Objectives of the program
The objectives of the early program are:
- Validate the ability of IDS 11.50.xC4 to support the enhanced features.
- Validate the ease of use and accuracy of the documentation.
- Provide direct customer input to development, marketing, and sales.
- Validate readiness of General Availability (GA).
- Achieve visibility in the market.
- Identify early adopter reference accounts willing to speak to the press and analysts.
- Transfer skills to support staff.
Benefits of participating in the program
By participating, you will get early exposure to new capabilities and assist the IBM Information Management team in defining the roadmap. By having access to IBM resources through lab advocates, you will ensure successful deployment of newIDS features. By having early access to the upcoming release, you will be able to prototype solutions in your environment for faster deployment.
Summary of the enhancements to IDS
IDS 11.50.xC4 includes the following functionality:
- Easy administration, setup & monitoring of Enterprise Replication with the Informix OpenAdmin Tool
- Improved embedability
- Support for the Amazon EC2 computing environment
- Support for VMWare Virtualization Infrastructure and Desktop solutions
Ideal participants in this program are users from a variety of industries, including Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications (Industrial), Government, Health, and Research.
What is expected from participants
Participants in the program must:
- Sign all legal agreements prior to participating in the program.
- Dedicate technical resources to evaluate the product.
- Commit to provide a quote for use in IBM press and marketing materials, and be a reference account after evaluating the product.
- Report bugs and performance results through the formal reporting process.
- Participate in weekly status calls.
- Participate in the exit review with IBM Product Management and complete a survey.
These are planned dates and are subject to change.
- Nominations accepted until January 2009
- Customer Selection — February 2009
- Validation Start — February 16 2009
- Validation End — April 17 2009
How do I participate?
For next steps, contact Madhuri Ahuja (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), Customer Validation Manager.
(24 January 2009)