Greetings IIUG Members,
The IBM Information Management team is excited to announce the Early Access Program for the next release of Informix Dynamic Server and invites your participation.
This IBM® Informix® Dynamic Server release will extend Informix core strengths to help you reduce your cost of doing business and shorten the time to value with enhancements in the areas of:
- Ease of Embed
- Dynamic Global Grid
- Enhanced Programmability
- Enhanced Warehouse Solution
- Enhanced Security Management
The objectives of the early program are:
- Validate that enhanced features meet your needs.
- Validate the ease of use, completeness, and accuracy of the documentation.
- Gain our clients. experience and provide their feedback to development, marketing, and sales.
- Validate the readiness for General Availability (GA).
- Identify early adopter reference accounts willing to speak to the press and analysts.
- Transfer skills to support staff.
- By participating, you will get early exposure to new capabilities and assist the IBM Information Management team in defining the roadmap.
- By having access to IBM resources through lab advocates, you will ensure successful deployment of new Informix features.
- By having early access to the upcoming release, you will be able to prototype solutions in your environment for faster deployment.
Summary of the enhancements offered
The next release of Informix will include the following functionalities:
- Ease of Embed -Smarter administration with enhanced manageability, availability, performance. Increased reliability and reduced costs with automated administrative tasks
- Dynamic Global Grid - Linear scale-out with dynamic global grid for greater resource utilization
- Enhanced Programmability . End-to-end programmability for solutions customization and deployment
- Enhanced Warehouse Solution - Provides enhanced warehouse infrastructure.
- Enhanced Security Management - Easy security management and compliance
IBM seeks participants in this program from a variety of industries, including Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications (Industrial), Government, Health, and Research.
What is expected from you?
To participate you must:
- Sign all legal agreements prior to participating in the program.
- Dedicate technical resources to create, share and execute a test plan.
- Report bugs and testing results through the formal reporting process.
- Participate in weekly status calls.
- Participate in the exit review with IBM Product Management and complete a survey.
- Nomination accepted until : February 5, 2010
- Customer Selection : February 2010
- Validation Start : February 2010
- Validation End : September 2010
How do I participate?
Please submit nomination form using this link.
If you have any questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org