Highlights: Informix 12.10.xC3 is available!
Welcome to the International Informix Users Group (IIUG) Insider! Designed for IIUG members and Informix user group leaders, this publication contains timely and relevant information for the IBM Informix community.
- Conference corner
- Informix news
- Informix corner
- Calendar of events
- Informix resources
- Useful links
- Closing and credits
|Editorial||Back to top|
The IIUG Conference is less than a month away. If you haven’t registered yet do it as soon as possible. There are so many reasons to attend this event; unmatched content, networking with colleagues, meeting IBM executives and developers.
You all know these advantages. This is why so many of you attended this conference during the years. But let me add one more reason. You are all Informix users and enthusiasts. Attending the conference is a demonstration of the power for Informix. We need it now more than ever.
So if you are hesitating, don’t just come by yourself but convince your friends to do the same. On March 21 I decided to run at the Jerusalem Marathon. I did not do the full Marathon only the 10 KM (6.2 Miles) track. Like working with Informix it is not always easy but it is a lot of fun and I would like to keep doing it.
IIUG Insider Editor
|Highlights||Back to top|
What’s new IBM Informix version 12.10.xC3
High-availability clusters and Enterprise Replication
Time series data
- Control the destroy behavior for rolling window containers
- Monitor groups of containers with wildcard characters
- Faster queries by running time series routines in parallel
- Faster queries with IN conditions through virtual tables
Additional types of data
– Inge Halilvoic
|Conference corner||Back to top|
WOW! It is hard to believe the IIUG 2014 is less than one month away.
The conference committee is working hard to finalize all the details for this year’s conference. The latest item finalized is the confirmation of our keynote speakers. You will want to make certain you attend the Monday morning keynote to meet Beth Smith, the NEW General Manager of Information Management Software as she shares the state of information management. Jerry Keesee, Director of Informix Database Development, will join us Wednesday morning to share his Informix insights. Check out the IIUG 2014 website to learn more about this year’s keynote speakers.
You will also want to review our tutorial list offered on May 1st. Here is a partial list of the tutorials:
- Application of NoSql databases and managing hybrid databases – John Miller III
- Implementation of a Multi-Site Connection Manager strategy – Gustavo Castro
- Deploy and optimize IBM Cognos BI with IBM Informix and IWA Acceleration – Veronica Gomes
- Rolling Upgrades Hands-On Lab – Ron Privett
- Informix NoSQL: Technical deep dive – Keshava Murthy
- Migrating Informix 4GL to Informix Genero and Web enabling your applications – Shawn Moe
- Certification Preparation – Informix 12.10 System Administrator – Sanjit Chakraborty
- Working with PHP and Informix – Tom Beebe
Remember these tutorials are included for all paid conference registrants. Speakers and conference sponsors are also invited to attend tutorials at $75 for a half-day tutorial or $125 for two half-day tutorials or a full-day tutorial when purchased prior to April 20, 2014. The onsite price will be $25 more or $100 half day and $150 for Full day.
This is a partial list of the IBM Hands On Labs that will be offered at IIUG2014. All IBM Hands On Labs and instructors are subject to change. You can keep up with this list on the Hands On Labs section of the website.
- Web Services using Genero – It is easy!!! – Thomas Palmer
- How does data compression impact applications? – Andreas Legner
- Hands on with NoSQL inside Informix – Carlton Doe
- Informix Hypervisor Edition under PureApplication Environment – Nagaraju Inturi
- Configure the Open Source Zabbix with IDS 12.10 – Laurent Revel
- Experience OAT to Administer Informix – Sumanth Rajagopal
- Experience NoSQL & Sharding with Informix – Nicholas Geib
- Deploy a fully functional end-to-end Informix Warehouse Accelerator demo – Veronica Gome
- Informix and Pi- database meets technology – Pradeep Natarajan
- Migrate from SAP/Oracle to SAP/Informix – Radomir Hulka
All of our sessions have been confirmed and we are in the process of finalizing the session schedule. We will send you an email as soon as the schedule is ready so you can begin planning your conference schedule.
Online conference registration ends on April 20, 2014 EST. You will still be able to register onsite the day of the conference. Don’t forget you have until April 7th to take advantage of the IIUG membership savings of $100 on your conference registration. We would enjoy seeing you at IIUG 2014 so register today.
TAKE NOTE: Online conference registration ends on April 20, 2014 EST. You will still be able to register onsite the day of the conference. Don’t forget though you only have until APRIL 7TH to take advantage of the IIUG membership savings of on your conference registration. The conference hotel guarantee room rate expires on April 4, 2014. After that we cannot guarantee the special conference rate. The hotels in the area are almost twice as much as this special rate, so don’t miss out.
We look forward to seeing you April 27 – May 1.
Contact us if you have any questions concerning this year’s conference.
|Informix news||Back to top|
|Informix corner||Back to top|
- Informix 11.10 information center
- Informix 10 information center
- Informix products information center
After these information centers are sunset, links to them will be redirected automatically to the resources listed below. You can download final versions of the product documentation, which are being provided as-is, from these resources:
- Informix 11.10: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27010058
- Informix 10.00: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27039629
- Informix products: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27040460
Information centers for current Informix releases will be replaced by the new IBM Knowledge Center, which is currently in Beta. Links from the current information centers will be redirected automatically to the new IBM Knowledge Center.
Consider updating your bookmarks now, and explore the IBM Knowledge Center, especially the Informix collections:
To learn more about the IBM Knowledge Center strategy, follow the IBM Technical Content blog.
– Randy House
|Calendar of events||Back to top|
|April – 2014|
|27||2014 IIUG Informix Conference||Miami, Florida||Cindy Lichtenauer|
|October – 2014|
|26-30||IBM Insight 2014||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Informix resources||Back to top|
- PlanetIDS: Blogs, Videos, News and more *** Up to date feeds from many blogs ***
- Fernando Nunes
- Informix documentation team
- IDS Experts blog
- Eric Vercelletto (In French)
- Eric Vercelletto (In English)
- Andrew Ford
- Informix SQL Development
More Blogs and Wikis
- The IIUG forums
- Informix Marketing channel on YouTube
- IBM Data Magazine
- Credentials, the IBM Certification Newsletter
- The Informix Zone
There is now an Informix group on LinkedIn. The group is called “Informix Supporter”, so anyone loving Informix can join, from current IBM employees, former Informix employees, to users. It will also be a good occasion to get in touch with others or long-time-no-seen friends. If you fancy showing the Informix logo on your profile, join.
|Useful links||Back to top|
|Closing and credits||Back to top|
The International Informix Users Group (IIUG) is an organization designed to enhance communications between its worldwide user community and IBM. The IIUG’s membership database now exceeds 25,000 entries and enjoys the support and commitment of IBM’s Data Management division. Key programs include local user groups and special interest groups, which we promote and assist from launch through growth.
|Sources:||IIUG Board of Directors
For comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.